About the Community Workshop
Sunday, January 7, 2018
10am - 3pm
$55 + membership
Includes: coffee/tea, a healthy snack, a nourishing lunch + a delicious baked good
Join us for a community workshop to close 2017 and open 2018 with The YearCompass yearly planning booklet. We ran this workshop last year too (our first offering ever!) and it was one of the most special and gratifying events of the year.
YearCompass is a global movement that began in Budapest in 2012 and is meant to “mobilise people to sort out their last year and plan their next year.” YearCompass (who have approved this event) says that, “Planning your year is a good habit. It can help you become more aware of your successes and sorrows and make you realize how much can happen just in a year. By learning from the past you can plan your future and feel more in control of your own life.”
In the last seven years, The YearCompass booklet (updated each year) has been downloaded for free in 19 languages by well over half a million people.
The format of this workshop provides an opportunity for surprisingly deep work that reveals what is true for each person. There’ll be a few opportunities for discussion but sharing will be optional. Mostly, we’ll focus on working quietly together, doing the booklet in two parts with a communal lunch break dividing the day.
Is it for me?
This workshop is for you if you:
- Want to take stock of the year you've just been through;
- Want to plan for the new year, building on what worked well last year;
- Want the time and space to think about yourself, what you want your life to look like, and how you want to be in the world;
- Want to connect with other folks who are trying to figure things out, just like you.
How will I benefit?
- Reflect on 2017 and realize how much actually happened in one year;
- Learn from the past as you envision the new year;
- Gain a clarity of purpose for the new year;
- Feel more in control of your life;
- Be able to proceed with intention;
- Be aware of our in-it-togetherness since we all experience sorrows and successes.
What will I get?
- The Year Compass 20-page booklet *;
- Use of other writing tools:
- Coffee/tea, a healthy snack, a nourishing lunch, and a delicious baked good;
- Dedicated time in a beautiful space.
* Please note that The Year Compass booklet is available for free to anyone—we’ll simply be printing it out for workshop participants. Can’t come to the workshop? We encourage you to download a copy and do it on your own!
Please bring to the workshop:
- A calendar/day planner/diary from the last year;
- Your favourite writing tools (or use ours);
- An open, honest, creative spirit.
To register click the button below and you’ll be taken to a registration form hosted by Typeform that will take a few minutes to complete. Completing and submitting the registration form will hold your spot, but payment is required within 48 hours via email money transfer (preferred) or PayPal to guarantee your spot.
Refund Policy: Students may receive a full refund up to five days in advance of the commencement of the offering. No refund will be provided after that date, unless the course is cancelled.
Cancellation Policy: If, three days in advance of the workshop, the number of registered participants is six or fewer the workshop may be cancelled, in which case participants would be notified and refunded immediately.
Registration is open now and closes at midnight on Wednesday, January 3rd.