WHAT COULD ONE dISTRACTION-FREE EVENING a week do for your creative practice?
FINISHING CLASS IS A WEEKLY DEEP CO-WORKING SESSION
IN WHICH YOU CAN FINISH—OR WORK TOWARD FINISHING (INCLUDING STARTING)—WORK THAT'S IMPORTANT TO YOU.
FINISHING CLASS is held on alternating Tuesdays and Thursdays, including:
- September 11 (T), 20 (TH) + 25 (T)
- October 4 (TH), 9 (T), 18 (TH) + 23 (T)
- November 1 (TH), 6 (T), 15 (TH), 20 (T) + 29 (TH)
- December 4 (T) + 13 (TH)
Each FINISHING CLASS gives you two dedicated hours (including a quick check-in and check-out) in a nurturing environment to finish or work toward finishing (which could include starting!) tasks related to your creative practice—whether you're creating (anything that can be neatly and quietly done at the table), planning, or working on things like your website.
“I found Finishing Class to be so useful. I don’t know if I actually would have ever updated my website without it. I am officially chasing more gold stars.”
— Athena McKenzie
Is it for me?
Finishing Class is for you if you:
- Want to clear space and time to do creative work that's important to you;
- Want to build ways to stay accountable into your routine/practice;
- Find finishing things to be challenging and could use some support;
- Feel bad spending yet another night watching Netflix or loafing around when you could be getting stuff done;
- Like the idea of being encouraged by other folks who are fellow travellers.
How will I benefit?
- Get moral support + accountability;
- Feel more connected to your work;
- Get things done that you've been procrastinating on or have had trouble fitting in;
- Feel emboldened by your productivity;
- Be buoyed by a sense of community.
What will I get?
- Tea + a delicious baked good;
- Shaw Open or WiFi;
- A gold star (for real).
RSVPs are recommended so we know how many folks to expect (and you don't get turned away at the door if we're full). Limited to ten people. If you RSVP now and change your mind, you can always send us a note and let us know.