About the Class
Wednesdays, November 15, 22, 29, and December 6, 2017
7pm - 9pm
$220 + membership
Includes: tea + baked goods
Most independent creative workers hate self-promotion because when they try to do it, it feels awkward, or even embarrassing. That's why email newsletters are so great: they offer you a place on the Internet where you can be yourself and don't have to yell, plus your readers have to subscribe to get it, which means they want to be there. Therefore, your email newsletter is about connecting and building relationships/audience, not selling (though when you do have something to promote or sell, your readers won't mind because you haven't been hitting them over the head with it the whole time).
In this four-week class you'll learn how to create and send your first newsletter using TinyLetter. We'll cover topics like how to make your newsletter an extension of your creative practice without being onerous, designing your newsletter, and how to generate ideas.
Is it for me?
This class is for you if you:
- Want to self-promote (or have been asked to by a publisher or the like) in a way that doesn't feel icky;
- Are willing to consider that there’s a way to do marketing and branding that feels authentic and is an extension of your practice;
- Want to professionalize your practice;
- Want to connect with new audience and build sustainable relationships with them;
- Like the idea of regularly sharing your work (or your process), rather than feeling like you're in a vacuum.
How will I benefit?
- Learn how to use a new tool to help you reach audiences;
- Gain a new platform on which to express yourself (without having to yell);
- Have an opportunity to consider how you present yourself to the public.
What will I get?
- Your first newsletter will be ready to send via TinyLetter;
- Tea and delicious baked goods.
Please bring to the class:
- A notebook or paper and whatever you'd like to write with;
- Your laptop.
• Do two or more hours of homework each week.
To register click the button below and you’ll be taken to a registration form hosted by Typeform that will take a few minutes to complete. Completing and submitting the registration form will hold your spot, but payment is required within 48 hours via email money transfer or PayPal to guarantee your spot.
Refund Policy: Students may receive a full refund up to five days in advance of the commencement of the offering. No refund will be provided after that date, unless the course is cancelled.
Cancellation Policy: If, three days in advance of the workshop, the number of registered participants is six or fewer the workshop may be cancelled, in which case participants would be notified and refunded immediately.
Registration is open now and closes at midnight on Saturday, November 11th.
About the Facilitator
Read more about JILL MARGO, co-founder of GOOD, on our About page.