Hang out around the big table, chatting and doing crafty things, like sketching or knitting
Wednesday, April 12, 2017
7:00pm - 9:30pm
Sliding Scale: $5-10 + membership - pay at door
Includes: tea + Easter-themed treats
What is it?
Studio Night offers a chance to hang out around the big table, chatting with other members, and doing crafty things, like sketching, knitting, colouring, or hand lettering.
Is it for me?
Studio Night is for you want a little bit more fun/me time in your life. You like the idea of socializing, but you also like the idea of having a shared activity to do at the same time (maybe having a buffer makes you feel less socially anxious because you’re secretly an awkward weirdo like the rest of us). You’ve been meaning to spend time being crafty anyway—even if all you can think of at first is gluing macaroni elbows to egg cartons. We won’t judge, promise.
How will I benefit?
- Studio Night gives you a fun way to be in community + meet new people.
- Being crafty can be joyful + relaxing.
- If you do something creative outside of your usual practice (e.g. drawing instead of writing or knitting instead of playing an instrument) it could feel like creative cross-training.
What will I get?
- you-time, but with good company
- tea + Easter-themed treats.
What other details do I need to know?
Bring anything that’s not too messy or sprawling to work on (if you could imagine doing it at any coffee shop then it’s perfect). If you need inspiration and you’re seasonally-inclined, remember that it’s right before Easter.
If you fancy a bit of tipple, you can also BYOB to this event.
Pay at the door for this event, but please RSVP. Space is limited to ten.