A low pressure and fun way to get your pen moving
About Prompts + Pints
Thursday, November 30, 2017
7:00pm - 9:30pm
$12 + membership
Includes: a pint of Blue Buck + organic popcorn
You'll be provided with different writing prompts to do in four 20-minute "bursts." You may respond to the prompt in whatever genre you choose, as long as your pen stays on the page. At the end of the evening, you'll be encouraged to share an excerpt of your writing, bearing in mind that everyone's first drafts will likely be as shitty as yours.
Is it for me?
Prompts + Pints is for you if you:
- Want to exercise your creative writing muscles or be inspired to get your pen moving;
- Have been on a break from writing and would like a low pressure way to start again;
- Want to try your hand at writing and this is the perfect way to do it;
- Are a seasoned writer who simply likes the idea of trying something new to enliven your practice;
- Like the idea of working in a fun and relaxed group setting.
How will I benefit?
- You'll rediscover the fun of writing;
- You’ll get to hang out with fellow writers/aspiring writers and will benefit from the in-it-togetherness energy of the group.
What will I get?
- Four first drafts based on four writing prompts;
- The option of sharing your words;
- A pint of Blue Buck + organic popcorn.
Bring with you to the event:
- Paper/a notebook and something to write with (no laptops, please).
Note re beverages:
- Additional cans of Blue Buck will be available for a suggested donation of $4. Not a beer drinker or prefer not to drink at all? No problem, we support that. We'll have tea available too (and will only charge you $10 instead of $12).
To register click the button below and you’ll be taken to a registration form hosted by Typeform that will take a few minutes to complete. Completing and submitting the registration form will hold your spot, but payment is required within 48 hours via email money transfer or PayPal to guarantee your spot.
Refund Policy: No refunds are available for offerings under $25.
Registration is open now and until November 27th. Limited to ten people.