ABOUT THE WORKSHOP
Saturday, March 24, 2018
10am – 4:30pm
$75 + membership
Includes: coffee/tea, a healthy snack, a nourishing lunch + a delicious baked good
Every month, our day-long Writers’ Mastermind is an opportunity for eight writers to gather around the GOOD table and talk about their writing practice and endeavour, focussing on whatever issue they’re currently grappling with. Every participant is given an opportunity to outline their issue and the group provides them—mastermind style—with ideas, possible ways forward, and support.
The morning mastermind session is followed by a convivial lunch, then an afternoon of deep co-working. Individual prompts are provided to give participants—if they choose to use the prompt—a way to start immediately addressing the issues that were raised during the morning session.
The day ends with a check-in and afternoon treat.
This offering—like all of GOOD’s offerings—is non-competitive, non-hierarchical, and thrives on a spirit of generosity.
Is it for me?
This workshop is for you if you:
- are a practicing writer who craves an opportunity to talk about your work with other writers;
- are open to sharing your ideas, perspectives, and experiences with others;
- want to carve out more time to drop deeply into your work;
- embrace the idea of working in a collaborative environment (even if it seems scary at first and you’re used to writing being a solitary pursuit).
How will I benefit?
- be in dialogue with other writers in a structured environment that is non-competitive, non-hierarchical, and generous spirited;
- have an opportunity to discuss a issue that is occupying your attention—whether it’s a nuts and bolts writing question, how to achieve life/work balance, or which project to start on next;
- be given ideas and support that will help you move forward;
- begin moving forward immediately.
What will I get?
- a sense of belonging to a growing and supportive community of individuals who are confronting similar issues to yourself—folks who “get it”;
- an opportunity to have the floor for fifteen minutes to explore an issue that you’re grappling with and receive the feedback and wisdom of others;
- an individualized prompt to give you a valuable avenue of inquiry to pursue based on what came up in the mastermind session;
- two and a half hours of deep co-working time;
- coffee/tea, a healthy snack, a nourishing lunch, and a delicious baked good.
Bring to the workshop:
- Whatever you’re most comfortable writing with—whether that’s a laptop or notebook and pen.
To register click the button below and you’ll be taken to a registration form hosted by Typeform that will take a few minutes to complete. Completing and submitting the registration form will hold your spot, but payment is required within 48 hours via email money transfer or PayPal to guarantee your spot.
Refund Policy: Students may receive a full refund up to five days in advance of the commencement of the offering. No refund will be provided after that date, unless the course is cancelled.
Cancellation Policy: If, three days in advance of the workshop, the number of registered participants is six or fewer the workshop may be cancelled, in which case participants would be notified and refunded immediately.
Registration closes at midnight on Wednesday, March 21st.